Website Outagamie County
Outagamie County located in Appleton, WI is currently recruiting for a full time Senior Benefits Specialist in our Veteran’s Office. This position initiates and presents claims for compensation, pension, entitlements and other benefits to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and other agencies on behalf of veterans, their eligible dependents, and their survivors. Helping veterans and their dependents receive the benefits to which they are entitled.
The following duties are most critical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned:
- Conducts interviews with veterans and/or dependents to determine and complete the appropriate benefit forms and applications.
- Determines eligibility for veterans and family members of various programs such as education, grants, medical claims, disability claims, waiver requests, and nursing home applications.
- Corresponds with various county, state, and federal offices, the general public, and professionals to obtain and provide necessary information.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates program and department records, reports, confidential records and files.
- Trains Benefit Specialists and provides day to-day guidance as needed.
- Investigates and obtains Military Records, Discharge
- Documents and Military Medals and Ribbons.
- Participates in community outreach events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.outagamie.org →